School Council Quotes: What is special about our school?
"Knowing everybody, Excellent teaching, Fun learning, Our second home, No bullying"
At English Martyrs Catholic Voluntary Academy we strive to live out explicitly the Catholic ethos and Mission Statement of our school underpinning all that we do:
"We learn and grow in the footsteps of Jesus."
Our Mission is to provide a nurturing, stimulating and exciting curriculum with Christ at the Centre where every child enjoys learning and excels through outstanding teaching in an environment where anything is possible.
We will achieve this by:
- Creating memorable moments, friendships and learning experiences that last a lifetime.
- Making sure that our school’s Catholic ethos reflects our mission to provide each child and member of our school community with a safe, happy and stimulating environment in which to learn, thrive and flourish. To continue working together with our Parish, parents, governors and stakeholders to foster a love of God and His Church through the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Faith.
- By ensuring that our faith, attitudes and values are transmitted through the curriculum and are part of our daily lives.
- By delivering a curriculum that is relevant, varied, interesting, stimulating, balanced and appropriate to the children’s needs.
- By encouraging enquiring minds and a love of learning as well as exposing the children to inspiring learning experiences to grow aspirations for the future.
- To inspire our children, staff and our wider community.
Our values apply to everyone in the school community and they inform the way we act, what we do and how we achieve our goals. We have pride in making a difference; we continually seek to improve; we take responsibility for what we do; we value our differences; we support one another and we celebrate achievement.Our school values are the Olympic and Paralympic values of respect, friendship, equality, inspiration, excellence, determination and courage. We celebrate these weekly and they help to provide a culture of high expectations and continuing excellence.
Our Vision is to continue building upon our strengths and to further improve pupil experiences and achievement through:
- our positive ethos
- effective leadership at all levels
- committed staff with an agreed vision for the school
- high quality learning and teaching in all curriculum areas
- high quality physical activity and mental health strategies to build resilience.
- a well-developed system for monitoring and evaluating the quality of provision and a culture of continuous improvement through effective self reflection focusing on a growth mindset for all staff and pupils.
What do we want our school to look like in the future ?
- Highest outcomes in the county
- Single year groups whilst retaining our small school nurturing feel
- Greater staffing support where needed
- Wrap around care
- Nursery provision
- Enhanced Environment – reading canopies, EYFS outdoor space,
playground, forest school activity areas.